If you don't have the machine's nameplate information in advance, it will be necessary to add this while on site. The app will provide prompts about the information that you'll need to add. Here's how to do so:
- Open up the building that you will be recording in and tap on "add a machine"
- Choose the type of machine. The 4 preset options (chiller, compressor, fan, and pump) are shown below along with a custom option for equipment that does not fall under these categories
- The app will then prompt you to add information about the equipment orientation and configuration. This information is critical to being able to properly analyze the machines.
- Next, you will be asked to enter some information for the motor, gearbox, and driven component. This is also where you will be able to add information about bearing types and the number of bearings on different components.
- Once complete the app will inform you that the machine is saved and you are ready to record.
- If you are creating a series of similar machines. You can make copies that you can then edit to adjust serial numbers or other specific data.