Once the machine(s) is created, you're ready to begin recording. The app will guide you through the recording process by prompting you to record three times at each point.
Once in each direction vertical, horizontal, and axial.
It can be hard to see the cap so please ensure you remove it before attempting to record.
- Tap on the "Record this machine" icon:
- You'll then be prompted to record on the first location. There are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Ensure you are recording on a solid part of the machine, not a cover, guard, insulation, etc.
- The magnet should be placed on the machine as close to the bearing as possible. This will ensure the most accurate reading closest to the source.
- Also, ensure that the cable is not swinging or moving around, this could also affect the way in which vibrations are measured.
- Start on the motor end of the machine and work your way toward the driven component. Below are two examples of machines with their recording points highlighted:
- You'll be prompted to take three recordings at each point. First the vertical, then the horizontal, followed by the axial direction. After you've finished the first location, the app will walk you through the recording steps for the other bearing points.
- If you are unable to gain access to a specific recording location, you can simply disable it using the slider. This can be re-enabled in the future if needed.
Once you've finished recording on a machine simply tap on “Diagnose”. There you'll have an option to add some notes about the machine or recording environment before you choose to “Send to Augury”.
Note: After recording on a series of machines it is best to leave your phone/tablet plugged in with the app open in a place that has a good WiFi signal. This will ensure that all of the data is properly uploaded.