Release Update: 04/07/21
The Bookmarks functionality was released in 2020 as the basis for establishing a digital knowledge base capability on the Augury platform. Using Bookmarks, our customers can begin creating a database of interesting or significant events that are searchable by users corporate-wide. Examples of Bookmarks use cases include a corporate champion searching for repair wins to visualize and communicate success across the organization, or a maintenance team manager searching and consolidating best practices on certain machine types to train and establish standardized maintenance procedures.
Notable updates for this Bookmarks release:
- Additional structure to the process of Bookmarking machine repairs, observations, or events enables aggregation of Bookmarks into categories, improving information search and use.
- Streamlined knowledge capture through the use of Automated Bookmarks which automatically initiates a bookmark for machine health improvements (continuously-monitored machines only).
See it in Action
How it Works
1. On the Machine Page, select the event and click on the Bookmark icon which is now located in the event header.
2. Complete the pop-up Bookmark form with the following information:
a. TYPE of Bookmark (mandatory field): Select the category or categories (more than one may be selected) applicable to this Bookmark. This will associate the bookmark with that category for future searches.
- Health Improvement - bookmark an improved machine health status
- Learning - knowledge gained, for example on condition-based rules operational learnings, new maintenance practices, etc
- Other - Add description in the Notes section of the Bookmarks form
b. IMPACT of Bookmark: Add additional knowledge surrounding the Bookmark event to provide context including value it provided and explanatory notes. This information will be used by site users and corporate users to understand program impact, celebrate maintenance successes, and begin establishing best practices playbooks. These fields are not mandatory and can be added to the Bookmark at any time.
- Downtime Hours Avoided: estimated hours of downtime avoided by averting a machine failure
- Costs Avoided: estimated costs (US$) avoided by averting a machine failure
c. Notes section: Add contextual notes surrounding Health improvements, Learnings and Other bookmarks that will guide others.
3. Automated Bookmarks (continuously-monitored machines only): Augury will automatically bookmark repair events that are associated with improved health status to streamline user experience and to enable quicker and easier access to this type of events.
a. Automated Bookmarks will be initiated repair events followed by a machine status change as follows:
- Alarm/Danger improves to Monitor/Acceptable
- Monitor improves to Acceptable
b. Automated Bookmarks will be designated as “Health Improvement”.
c. Downtime hours and cost avoided will not be completed automatically. To capture full maintenance team success impact, a cadenced process of adding this information is recommended.
4. Bookmarks Page: provides aggregated visibility and sorting capability of Bookmarks at the site or corporate levels allowing users to assemble Improvement, Learning and Other valuable knowledge to share across users, sites, and corporate-wide.
a. The Bookmarks Page shows all bookmarked events for all machines the user can access based on permission levels.
b. Search specific bookmarks using the Search bar
c. Bookmarks can be sorted by column (Machine, Bookmark Type, and date most recent update)
d. The “last update” column indicates the date and who made the last update to the Bookmark. Automated Bookmarks will be designated with last modification made by “Augury”
e. Bookmarks missing Impact information will be grouped when sorting the sheet using the Impact Information column for easy update access.
f. Easily edit or remove Bookmarks by highlighting the Bookmark and selecting the drop-down.
Important notes on use of Bookmarks
- In order to realize the full value of Bookmarks, you will want to implement an internal simplified operating procedure (SOP) to ensure the correct category and impact information is added correctly and in a cadenced manner. Your Augury Customer Success Manager will be happy to provide insight on how others are putting these SOPs in place.
- Because bookmarking events does not make them appear on the Machines to Notice dashboard, bookmarking machines with “open” alerts as a reminder is not recommended. Doing so will not reflect the alert as being addressed on the platform.
- Bookmarks (including Automated Bookmarks) are fully editable and/or removable at any time.
For additional information, please contact your Augury Customer Success Manager.