Note - this process is the same for Nodes and Routers, but the placement limitations are different.
When this needs to happen
- If the Router is not providing a strong enough signal to the node to support data transfer.
Router Placement Guidelines
- Find a new suitable location for the Router
- Check the network signal strength using the Ookla Speedtest App - it needs to be greater than 2mgb upload and 2mgb download speed
- Disconnect the Router from its current power supply.
- Relocate the Router to its new home and supply power to it
- Check the connection status in the Halo Installation App by checking the connection status of the nodes the Router is supplying a network connection for
If there is not a suitable location to move the router to that will increase the signal strength, another option is to hardwire the node to its router using a CAT5 or higher cable. This is a viable option, but keep in mind the length of the cord and if it can be placed out of the way of operations. As always, please partner with Augury to determine the best course of action in complex situations.